ALL COACHES must be recognized by NWAL before they can begin working with swimmers in any capacity. YOU must have passed the test, have passed a current background check and the NWALCertified system must be updated. It will take a few days to process your test results and background checks so don't put this off until you need it. Also, NO Coaches are allowed on Deck without their badges at ANY meets including invitational meets.
NEW Coaches - New coaches must complete 3 tasks:
1. Create an account on the nwalcertified.com site. Go to the login page and click new account. Fill in the info and indicate your team.
2. Test - Take a certification test on the certification site. On the left side menu, under the "General" section, there will be a link called "Take Official Test". Click Launch Test button for the coaches Test. The Results will automatically be sent to the T&C for review.
3. Background Check - Complete and pass a background check.
Returning Coaches - Complete the following:
1. Log into your nwalcertified.com account from last year. If you forgot the email you used for the user name, ask your team rep. They can look it up on their account. If you forgot your password, click Reset Password. Do not create a new account or you will have to re-take the test! If you are changing teams, go to "my profile" and change the team name.
2. Testing - A recertifcation test is required every 3rd year for coaches. The next recertification test for coaches will be in 2023. If you skip a year of coaching you would need to take the test of a new coach upon your return.
3. Background Check - See #3 above for new Coaches. ALL coaches must have a current background check EVERY year. Do it today, don't delay!